Webinar recording from Thursday 8th August
The webinar takes you through the broken link building process, first showing you how to do it "by hand" so you understand the process, then showing you how to use the Broken Link Building Tool with your free credits to get the job done.
Here's the recording: How to turn broken links into fantastic link building opportunities.
1. How to Profit from BLB: Links are valuable because they improve your rankings and bring you visitors who are actively seeking your products or services. With broken link building, you can find broken links to boost your own sales – or sell BLB as a service to your clients. For agencies in particular, this can be a lucrative additional income stream. In this video, we’ll show you all the ways you can turn BLB into profit.
2. How to Find BLB Opportunities: You could try to find broken links by hand – but that takes serious time. To remedy this, Garrett has built a cutting-edge tool that allows you to find broken links automatically. You can find thousands with a single keyword search in all sorts of markets! We’ll preview his Broken Link Finder tool in this video.
3. Assessing BLB Opportunities: When you’re dealing with thousands of potential link building opportunities, you want to be able to narrow down your list to those with the most potential. We’ll explain how to assess the value of broken links – so you can be sure you’re getting the most “bang for your buck.”
4. Content Replacement: Since link prospects are already actively linking to external sites – you know they’re hungry for great content. We’ll show how you can feed their hunger by recommending quality resources you’ve found during your research (or by offering your own quality content as an alternative!).
5. Pitching Broken Link Prospects: The tone of a broken link pitch is quite different from a standard link request. You’re already at a great advantage – your pitch email itself is helpful since you’re pointing out a flaw on their site they might not otherwise know about. When contacting webmasters about broken links, your approach should be friendly and helpful. We’ll provide you with a suggested “script” you can customize with your own creativity and personal touches.
6. Managing Outreach (Parts 1 and 2): You must be methodical in order to manage thousands of emails at a time – but don’t be too transactional in your approach. In this video, we’ll show you:
• How to use email templates to make outreach much easier
• How to connect with people by telling a good “story” in your pitch
• Why crafting personalized responses can make it easier to win links
7. Toolset and Working Examples: In these videos, we’ll demonstrate the tools you need to identify, assess, and approach broken link prospects at scale. They’ve been specifically designed by Garrett – a master of the art. We’ll also show you step-by-step working examples of these tasks so you know exactly what to do to be successful.
8. Using Personas: To build rapport with your target, you must have a solid narrative and personality. If you’re at an agency, you’ll need to create different personas to appeal to the various markets you’re targeting. We’ll give you real examples of personas we’ve used successfully – and share guidelines to help you create your own.
9. Working at Scale: These days, we’re all under pressure to win quality links – lots of them. Garrett has worked with some of the biggest websites in the world across many industry sectors, and has taught them how to work at very large scale. In this video, we’ll explain:
• What people you need to have to work at scale
• What software you should be using
• How to keep your costs to a minimum
10. Monitoring and Reporting Your Success: Keeping tabs on your broken link building progress is essential, particularly if you’re working for clients. This video will cover:
• How you can set realistic client expectations
• Tools and software to help you monitor results
• The pitfalls of reporting to clients (and how you can steer clear of them)
11. Charging for Your Work: Acquiring links through broken link building can be a lucrative process, earning you anywhere from $50 to $600 per link! But to make it work for you, you’ve got to be armed with the right information. What does the market expect to pay? How can you ensure you’re profitable? This video will explore:
• How to negotiate pricing per link
• The overhead costs you need to consider (tool subscriptions, hourly workers, your time)
• How you can repurpose the content in guest posts, linking to it from guest posts as well
• If content is spectacular then PR could drive it as well
12. Promoting Your Broken Link Building Service: Deemed by many experts to be “the last scalable, white-hat link building tactic,” broken link building can be a real value-add to your service offerings. And once you go through this course, you’ll have the confidence and the skills to promote yourself as an authority in this area. This video will show you how to market your BLB service by publishing articles, answering questions in forums, creating a social media presence, and more